Plastic Surgeon Dr. Christopher Jones
Dr. Jones is an Indianapolis plastic surgeon who has been in the private practice of plastic surgery for twenty three years. Originally focusing on major head, neck and extremity reconstruction and microsurgery, he has more recently emphasized body contouring and facial rejuvenation. Along with plastic surgeons Drs. Sando and Aker, he has developed various plastic surgery techniques for bariatric patients in Carmel , central Indiana and the Midwest.
As an Indianapolis plastic surgeon, Dr. Jones is a diplomat of the American Board of Plastic Surgery and the American Board of Surgery. He is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons & the Indiana State Medical Association.
- Southern Methodist University, B.S. Biology, Graduated 1977, Magna Cum Laude
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, M.D., Graduated 1981
- Indiana University Medical Center, Internship 1982
- Indiana University Medical Center, Resident, General Surgery July 1981 – June 1986
- Indiana University Medical Center, Plastic Surgery Residency 1986-1988
- University of Louisville, Fellowship, Hand Surgery, January 1987 – March 1987
- Indiana University Medical Center, Fellowship, Microsurgery 1989
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center Fellowship, Microsurgery July 1988 – June 1989
- Isaac Gustave Bromberg Price for Humanities 1975
- Gingrass Research Award, Plastic Surgery Research Council 1984
- Distinguished Faculty Award, Methodist Hospital of Indiana 1993
- American Board of Surgery, Certified 1987
- American Board of Plastic Surgery, Certified 1991 Grants
- American Edwards Laboratories, 1983-1985
- Indiana University Sophomore and Junior Lecture series Clinical Instructor
- Indiana University Junior Students Surgical Anatomy Workshops, Clinical Faculty Plastic Surgery, Indiana University.
Up Close & Personal
Dr. Jones was born in Dallas, Texas. He includes in his many life interests a love of pen and ink drawing, designing jewelry and collecting antique toy marbles and circus sideshow banners.
Favorite Music: Electric Rock
Favorite Foods: Japanese and Mexican are always a big hit.
Favorite Vacation Spot: St. John’s Island or the U.S. Virgin Islands
Favorite Books: the Bible, Dune, Godell-Escher-Bach
When asked why he enjoys this field of work, Dr. Jones responded “Becoming a plastic surgeon took many hours of study and dedication. As a surgeon, I find each and every patient interesting and challenging”.
Dr. Jones resides in Indianapolis with his wife, three children and a ferocious Chihuahua, “Campanita”.