Table of Contents
About Botox Cosmetic
Botox Cosmetic is a purified protein. Very low doses are administered through a few tiny injections directly into those muscles that are responsible for frown lines. Botox blocks the release of the chemical in the body that causes these muscles to contract and therefore enabling them to relax. This process makes the skin appear smoother and is available to men and women in Indianapolis and Carmel.
- There is no anesthesia required. However, our surgeon may give you a cold pack or anesthetic cream to place over the injection area a few minutes before the procedure.
- You may experience tenderness, swelling, bruising, redness, bleeding, pain, and infection at the sight of injection.
- You may notice a softening in the appearance of your frown lines within 1 to 2 days, but, more commonly, it is 5 to 7 days before there are any noticeable changes.
- Although they vary by individual, results have been shown to last 3-6 months.
- There is very little, if any, down time. This procedure can be done on your way to work or on your lunch hour.