Table of Contents
Juvederm is a hyaluronic acid injectable gel that is injected under the skin to smooth out the wrinkles and folds on your face. The results are immediate. It is used to smooth away moderate facial wrinkles and folds, such as the lines from your nose to the corners of your mouth (nasolabial folds).
- The results are seen immediately, and although they vary by individual, can last up to 1 year.
- As with all injections, you may experience discomfort. To increase your comfort, your doctor will assess your need for pain management and determine what technique is right for you.
- After the Juvederm injections have been delivered, the targeted regions will be massaged. Massaging ensures that the product is distributed evenly and reduces any post-treatment swelling.
Volbella is a Juvederm injectable used to enhance and augment the lips. The aging process can cause lips to become thin and lose definition. Volbella is an effective lip filler that restores definition. Additionally, this filler can be used to resolve perioral lip lines (also called lipstick lines or smoker’s lines).
- Volbella is a gel with a soft consistency that is often said to resemble the natural feel of the lips.
- The results of Juvederm Volbella last for around 1 year.
Voluma is another specialized injectable in the Juvederm family of dermal fillers. During the aging process, the cheeks naturally lose their youthful volume due to tissue loss from the underlying facial fat layer. This gel filler is used to restore volume to gaunt, hollow cheeks.
- Due to its cross-linked nature, Juvederm Voluma’s results can last for up to 2 years. Maintenance treatments will be available.
- This dermal filler is injected at a deeper level in the tissues than many other injectables. Because of this, it contains lidocaine, a local anesthetic, to ensure patient comfort.
Approved by the FDA in 2004, Sculptra is an incredibly effective injectable treatment for folds, creases, deep lines, and lipoatrophy (facial fat loss). This product stimulates collagen production to gradually create subtle and natural-looking results.
- While Sculptra is sometimes referred to as a dermal filler, it is more accurately categorized as a collagen stimulator. Rather than creating immediate volume, it creates very natural volume over time.
- Sculptra is composed of poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA), a substance that encourages natural collagen production.
- The results of Sculptra can last for up to 2 years.
Revanesse® is a line of revolutionary cross-linked Hyaluronic Acid (HA) dermal fillers optimized to provide natural, long-lasting results.
Revanesse® is a non-invasive aesthetic treatment that leverages state-of-the-art production methods, optimal ingredients and rigorous quality testing to provide remarkable results.
Revanesse® is tried and tested with over 3 million syringes used worldwide.
Meet the Doctor
Dr. Aker, an Indianapolis plastic surgeon affiliated with several area hospitals, has lectured and is published widely on a variety of plastic surgery topics. Dr. Aker brought several new techniques in cosmetic surgery to Indianapolis and Carmel including the endoscopic breast augmentation (“endo aug”) and Asian eyelid surgery.