Plastic Surgeon Dr. John Aker
Dr. Aker, an Indianapolis plastic surgeon affiliated with several area hospitals, has lectured and is published widely on a variety of plastic surgery topics. Dr. Aker brought several new techniques in cosmetic surgery to Indianapolis and Carmel including the endoscopic breast augmentation (“endo aug”) and Asian eyelid surgery.
As a plastic surgeon in Indianapolis and Carmel, Dr. Aker is a diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery and a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgery. He is a candidate member of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and is a member of the Indiana State Medical Association.
- Canisius College, B.S., Chemistry, Biology Graduated 1983
- University of Buffalo School of Medicine M.D., Graduated 1988
- The Children’s Hospital of Buffalo Residency, Pediatrics 1988-1990
- Eastern Virginia Graduate School of Medicine, Residency, General Surgery 1990-1993,
- The Pennsylvania State University, Fellowship, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 1993-1995
- New York University, Fellowship, Aesthetic Surgery 1995-1996
- Honor’s Group 38th Westinghouse Science Talent Search, Calasanctius Prep School
- Dean’s List, Canisius College
- Merck Award for Excellence in Research, Canisius College
- Indiana State Medical Association 1996
- American Society Plastic Surgery 1996
- American Society Aesthetic Plastic Surgery 1996
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
Up Close & Personal
Dr. John Aker was born in Syracuse, New York. His hobbies and interests include running, cycling and camping. He has completed several marathons, including the 2009 Boston Marathon, two Ironman triathlons, and dozens of shorter distance triathlons.
Favorite Music: Rock and Roll, Blues
Favorite Foods: Thai and Italian
Favorite Vacation Spot: Bar Harbor, Maine
Favorite Movie: Toy Story
Dr. Aker resides in Carmel, IN, with his wife, two children and his two dogs “Charlie Brown,” and “Linus.”