Plastic Surgeon Dr. John Aker
Dr. Aker is a board-certified plastic surgeon in Indiana who specializes only in cosmetic plastic surgery. He has been providing honest, ethical and compassionate care since 1996. Dr. Aker brought several new techniques in cosmetic surgery to Indianapolis and Carmel including endoscopic breast augmentation, which produces natural appearing results without visible breast scars. Wanting to expand on his general plastic surgery training at Penn State, he completed an aesthetic fellowship at NYU which primarily focused on facial cosmetic procedures. This solid foundation has enabled him to be recognized by his colleagues as an Indianapolis Monthly “Top Doc” for body and facial plastic surgery 16 times. He is affiliated with several area hospitals, is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, an active member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and the American Society of Plastic Surgery.
- Canisius College, B.S., Chemistry, Biology Graduated 1983
- University of Buffalo School of Medicine M.D., Graduated 1988
- The Children’s Hospital of Buffalo Residency, Pediatrics 1988-1990
- Eastern Virginia Graduate School of Medicine, Residency, General Surgery 1990-1993
- The Pennsylvania State University, Fellowship, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 1993-1995
- New York University, Fellowship, Aesthetic Surgery 1995-1996
UP CLOSE & PERSONAL
Dr. John Aker was raised in Buffalo, New York. He credits his parents for enabling him to graduate from high school at the early age of 14, and for guiding him into medicine. He is passionate about perfecting the craft of aesthetic surgery, but does pursue hobbies including cycling, triathlon, hiking and cooking. He has completed several marathons and 14 Ironman triathlons including the Ironman World Championship in Hawaii. Dr. Aker resides in Broad Ripple Indiana with his wife of 34 years, Kathleen. They are the proud parents of two adult children Rachel and Zak who live nearby, and have two dogs Charlie Brown, and Linus.